Friday, May 16, 2008

Flower Power


Spring is certainly an inspiration for me as a quilter. I love the color of the flowers, the new growth and the sense of awakening after a long, dreary winter. Recently I took an online class from Quilt University. The class is called Flower Power and teaches a method of upside down applique. The subject of course is flowers. I am re-taking the class this June to finish what I started last year, before we picked up our house and moved. This is a picture of my "subject" and a shot of all the luscious fabrics I will be using. I found a great online source for hand dyed fabrics, Janet A. Smith. She was very helpful in my shopping and even corresponded with me to be sure I had the colors I was looking for. This is top level customer service in my book. I'll keep you posted on the progress - this year I need to finish this quilt!


Liz

No comments: