Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Whiling Away the Hours


While I'm on the subject of knitting, I recently came upon a box of daisy loom flowers I made in the early 1970's. I was so excited about turning these into a soft floral afghan, just like the picture on the pattern! I made dozens, and as my mother commented, counted them, stacked them and organized them in the same box over and over again. I even kept them in the same box - a Clairol, Kindness custom care hot rollers box! The note on top in my youthful handwriting says " Flowers for Quilt - 198 as counted on January 29, 1975.

The sad part is I can no longer find the pattern for the afghan. I went to Mom, she couldn't find it either! So, the light went on - search the internet! I can't imagine what we all did without the internet! Certainly many afghans were never finished, but rather tossed into the ebay's of the 70's!
But aren't these just luscious!

I found the crochet pattern online to stitch these petals together... now let's see if I can figure out how to crochet? Never fear quilters - quilting is certainly my first love!

1 comment:

marin said...

fun flowers...can't wait to see the finished product!! :)

i wish packaging was still as cute now as it was in the 70s :)